Join The CASSINI Hackathon Poland on 12-14 May 2022!
Use #EUSpace data & signals to build sustainable solutions to global issues while reshaping the travel & tourism industry for a better future.
Put your skills to the test and tackle one of three unique challenges to help create a resilient and digitally oriented tourism industry. Let's (Re)Visit Europe in style.
- Find sustainable destinations
- Experiencing cities and cultures
- Exploring nature with care
The CASSINI Hackathon Poland will take place in Kraków. Join to explore how EU Space data could be used to develop innovative solutions that revitalise European tourism.
Teams will be presented with 3 challenges that test their creative skills and imagination from the very first brainstorm. They will be using data from Copernicus, Galileo and EGNOS to imagine game-changing solutions and win career-changing prizes along the way!
- €4,000 total prize fund.
- Special prizes for the top three places.
- Additional prizes for the best team in each challenge & for the winner of our live vote.
The top 3 teams across all hackathons will be awarded an additional 100 hours of expert mentoring.
Gain cutting-edge insights from some of the brightest minds in the business
This edition, the hackathon in Poland will be organised by the Kraków Technology Park. For almost 25 years, they've helped businesses grow fast at every development stage and have been the beating heart of innovative tech start-ups both in Poland and beyond.
With a focus on incubation programmes for Industry 4.0, Digital Innovation, Space, and Gaming, they're the perfect partner for the Polish region.
The CASSINI Hackathon Poland will take place at Krakowski Park Technologiczny: Podole 60, 30-394 Kraków, Poland. You can choose to participate physically (on-site) or virtually (from home).
There is a limited number of virtual seats (20). Once the limit is reached you can sign up for a physical event only.
And it is worth it because KPT is a place with the best technology companies around you from which you can learn and draw ideas and experience.
During the physical event you will:
- meet people like you - passionate about new technologies and practical solutions;
- cooperate with them, talk and share ideas about "the next big thing";
- get the opportunity to work together with experts who will share their experience and suggest how to design solutions in the right way;
- participate in brainstorming sessions, if happens;
- get the opportunity to work in a startup environment that gives motivation to work;
- get a chance to exchange experience
- have the opportunity to bounce of ideas with the experts available at hand
- and last but not least: we have pizza!
The event will takes place in the Krakow's Technology Park building designed to look like a spaceship. Come to us, have a pizza with us and get a unique opportunity to feel the atmosphere of hackathon, among other enthusiasts of new technologies.
This hackathon is supported by the following sponsors and partners:
Polish Space Agency
UMWM - Turystyka
Polska Izba Turystyki - Oddział Małopolski
Centrum Innowacji Uniwersytetu Rolniczego w Krakowie
Jagiellonian University in Kraków
Centrum Technologii Kosmicznych AGH
UNIVERSEH – Europejski Uniwersytet Kosmiczny dla Ziemi i Ludzkości
Open Innovation House
Wydział Wiertnictwa, Nafty i Gazu AGH
Polska Organizacja Turystyczna